Increasing travel options and access to exotic, tropical destinations has resulted in a niche market of casual, yet fashionable, resort wear apparels that invoke relaxation whilst also offering style.
Designers have been rising to the occasion by broadening their collections to include glamorous beach wear options, casual summer cover ups and chic lounge looks, even during autumn and winter seasons. The result has been an explosion of beaded kaftans, embroidered tunics, glitzy metallic bikinis, jeweled sandals, elegant tropical prints in natural, breathable fabrics, all depicting a lifestyle of relaxation, classic luxury and elegance.
This is the essence of resort wear. Clothing that is easy, yet glamorous, sexy whilst being understated, casual yet elegant, fun and flirty.
Organizing your vacation wardrobe can be trickier than you think. Limited by luggage size and weight, you have to be economic with your vacation clothing choices. Weve tried to make it easy for you with our 2007 top 10 list of resort wear must-haves to ensure that your vacation packing is a breeze.
1. A pair of lightweight, neutral tone, linen pants are essential to every vacation wardrobe and can be easily paired with a variety of tops for different looks time and again. Matched up with a brightly printed T or Kaftan they can give a sophisticated look to the most casual traveler out there.
2. A tunic cover-up for beach days, afternoons around the pool, or sun-downer cocktails at the bar.
3. A large, canvas tote handbag in a bold, tropical print will save the day when your toting beach accessories, or just mulling around local markets for a bargain or two. This season is showcasing even larger bags than last year which are just perfect for holiday shopping.
4. One well fitting bikini! Go the extra mile to find a bikini that fits to make you feel fabulous and ditch all of last years left-overs.
5. A selection of v neck, cotton ts in tropical shades are handy to throw on for coffee runs, lunch outings, or even sporting activities.
6. A flatteringly feminine skirt in a floral or botanical print that speaks to the eco consciousness of 2007 will update your wardrobe this year.
7. A pair of Bermuda shorts are easy, comfortable and a hip choice for summer casuals.
8. A pair of jeweled sandals/flip flops are casual enough for beach wear, but dressy enough to liven up casual bermudas or linens for a city outing.
9. A baby doll sundress can double up for day, or slinky evening wear if dressed up with accessories.
10. A pair of metallic, strappy heels will have you looking edgy for night time entertainment. Metallic is definitely the new black for 2007.
Resort wear is all about the fun of life. Enjoy your vacation wardrobe choices all year round and bring the sunshine into your life.